Tuesday, 15 December 2015

Christmas Mwah!

It's my turn today for Roc's design team and I had great fun making this postcard.
I can't believe I'm going to say this, as watercolours used to scare me so much I would avoid them all costs, but I am loving watercolours! The unpredictability is just wonderful fun to play with. 
For my postcard I stamped Roc's  Heart Vine on to white card and simply coloured with watercolours. Party Dog was stamped separately on white card and coloured with Prismacolour pencils and then glued in place. The mistletoe stamp is also available at the Stampotique shop here. The mistletoe was stamped straight on to the postcard and also water coloured. The text was made using a random alphabet stamp set and the mistletoe has white enamel berries and watered, white acrylic paint splattered snowflakes finished the postcard.
I do hope you like it!
Wishing you a fabulous day. Sam xxx

11 comments:

  1. I love Party Dog, and him winking is just too much! Your postcard is fab, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this cool little dude !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to hear ya loving the watercolours ! Sam definitely my paint of choice . Such a cute postcard . Party dog looks like he's all ready to be kissed . Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this card Sam!!!!!
    You can continue to use watercolours pencils or markers or paints, even you MUST!!! :D
    Wishing you a wonderful day too, and oh, I don't know if I will have the time to come again on your blog if you post something else before Christmas, so I wish you a very peaceful and joyful fête de noël mon amie!!! Hope you have received my card now!?.. Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, love the unpredictability of watercolors, Sam, and your postcard is a perfect example of just why!! Roc's Heart Vine adds to the background interest here! You have given Party Dog the perfect face for your text! Made me laugh! Merry Christmas to you and Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol it's fantastic, Sam, if not very hygenic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eheh it is so lovely! And the coloration is wonderful, well done with the watercolors, Sam!
    Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not so sure as who knows where that tongue has been .... oooh er, cheeky!!!!
    Brilliant and once again, love your sense of humour and whimsy!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh go on then, if i must!! hehehee ( sorry couldn't resist ) Party dog looks like he's ready for lots of fun with the bitches !
    (taxi for Pink ...I'll get my coat )
    So good to read ya loving your watercolours - I love them cos they allow the gradual build up of colour un like with oils and acrylics . Great fun postcard big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x