Wednesday, 20 January 2016

In the Pink . . . and Red!

Here's my slightly wonky card for this weeks Stampotique challenge!
Our lovely hostess for this week is Sue and she is inviting us to use just red and pinks on our creations.
I decided to try my Brusho's again after not getting the results I wanted last time. Alas it didn't happen for me again but I still like this finished effect. I think perhaps I sprinkled too much!
The stamp I used is Daniel's Large Tree Topper
 and I added some red sequins for a little bling.
Photographing items has been quite tricky the past couple of weeks due to the dull and grey skies but I hope you get the idea. Poppy and I are very much looking forward to Spring!
All of the challenge details can be found right here and don't forget that by entering you are in with a chance of winning a gift voucher to spend at the Stampotique online store to the value of $30 approx £21!!!
Wishing you a lovely day. Sam xxx

11 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I (heart) this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, Sam! And I don't like using Brushos like that either. It is too unpredictable for me.
    I now rub Brushos dry into the paper and then stamp with water to create a background. When I finish stamping I lightly mist some water over it to give a little more colour. I like that better as it is more controllable.
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam, I know all about the struggle to try and photograph items at the moment!!!
    I also know what you mean about Brushos, they aren't the most reliable of media to work with, I find they are in control of me more than I am in control of those little pots of colour! That said, I think this looks amazing and the impact of the colour works against the white and yet, for such a strong background, the stamp still pops, don't know how you managed to achieve that!
    Wishes to you and Poppy
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's say, an explosion of love!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This just makes me want to smile :) I've been waiting 3 days to get enough light to take a 'photo!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is more than just a "pop" of color and I love it! The pairing of Daniel's Tree Topper is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this Sam, Brusho's can be a bit fierce can't they but I love how yours fade at the edges. Hope you and Poppy have a fun weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this and I do love the images - they make me hoot with laughter and laughter is such good medicine for the soul. Just a smile on your face lights up the spirit - thank you!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahaha Sam... I think that YES, you sprinkled too much maybe, or you did it deliberately knowing you :-)
    That's being said, of course the result is just soooooooooo lovely!!! :)
    Big hugs my lovely friend. Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card ! sam love the effect of the brushos - even thoughtyou don't hink it worked very well , it looks good to me and looks fab with Daniel
    big hugs lovely friend xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x