Monday, 4 January 2016

Super Happy Day :)

I was completely humbled a few days ago when an artist whose work I admire so much invited me to play with some colouring pages.
 Sorry that is a long sentence my comma key is busted!
The artist I'm talking about is Magda and you can find her wonderful inspirational blog right here.
I love Magda's little creatures and the colours she uses and the attention to detail. I also love Magda's stamps which I use often!!
Back to the colouring pages. I wanted to make different projects to show that colouring pages don't have to be flat or stay in one piece.
 This started off as a plain wooden box. Which I painted with a neutral tan colour. I cut the colouring page to the sizes I needed then coloured using Prismacolour pencils and glued in place. The lid has some texture which was achieved by applying texture paste through a stencil. Again just little bits of the colouring page were cut out: coloured and stuck on.

My daughter is planner crazy and I'm not lol but she gave me this beautiful Websters Pages Planner for Christmas so I made what I'm told is a dashboard. I just love the bright colours!! Again simply coloured with Prismacolour pencils for lovely blending of colours. This page took me 5 hours!!

After spending 5 hours on the dashboard I wanted to make something very quick and easy. So I made this card simply by cutting out the bits of colouring page I wanted to use and gluing in place. The stars are stamped and the edge hand drawn. The star is part of one of Magda's Agatha stamps called Agatha Star. This time I coloured using Promarkers.

I really hope you like these projects and pop along to Magda's blog. 

Be warned: These creatures are seriously cute and highly addictive!!!

Wishing you a very Happy New Year and have a wonderful day. Sam xxx

5 comments:

  1. Love these creations, particular,y the planner divider xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful and playful images, Sam, and you have given them life with your coloring! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, that's gorgeous Sam!!!!!
    I love the planner, but also the to bits!!!
    No surprise at all that the coloring of the planner whole page took you 5 hours... :-)
    Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous projects, I love the little box! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful projects using Magdas papers ! Sam All so different yet all fabulous . You really have showcased the papers excellently .
    big hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x