Sunday, 28 February 2016

Flying the Flag


I've always liked flags it's like having a kite without the running around getting it off the ground!
 I've noticed a few people making flags recently so thought I would have a go. 
I've been enjoying my time on the Susan K. Weckesser Design Team and this nautical stamp has become my favourite of Susan's designs and flags always make me think of the seaside.
I wanted to have as much contrast as possible between the material and the boat and waves so I didn't colour the flag at all but stamped directly on to it using brown archival ink. I then added holes and metal eyelets and some super cute mini flags with sequins and a little bird charm.
I stamped the boat and waves on white card then I coloured them and glued in place. Some glitter on the waves make them sparkle in the sun.


I hope you like my flag!
The stamps I used are: World of Christmas for the background globe detail and Sail Away. They can be found {here} at Unity Stamps.

Wishing you a lovely day. Sam xxx

Please come back tomorrow for some exciting stuff!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. This just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable! I love the contrast with the plain , neutral flag and the colourful stamped images. Have a nice Sunday, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little flag ! You really fit in at Susan's DT I think. Your makes are fab !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and very creative!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! Roll on Summer! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet Sam, really lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous - that little boat is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adorable too!!! A great idea this flag, and I totally agree with Corrie, reading by luck what she has written tee-hee... :)
    Have a nice day and walk with Poppy maybe if the weather is good!
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this flag, Sam! And the little ones on it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x