Wednesday, 10 February 2016

Have A Heart

Valentines Day is almost upon us and I shall be enjoying a romantic candlelit dinner with Poppy!
I turned a plain white ceramic tile into something pretty for this weeks challenge at Stampotique which is hosted by Coby.
I began by painting it this lovely beach glass colour. When that was dry I painted with PVA and whilst that was wet I painted with white paint and as it dried it created a crackle effect. A favourite technique of mine I hadn't done in while. I stamped the hearts and heat embossed with white powder on tissue paper and glued in place again using PVA glue.
I stamped the fairy on white card and coloured using Prismacolour pencils. The owl was stamped on shrink plastic and again coloured with Prismacolour pencils.
The stamps I used are:
All of the challenge details can be found here and Coby's lovely blog is here.
Wishing you a lovely day. Sam xxx





12 comments:

  1. This is adorable Sam. I love the colours, especially Agatha's pink hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, this is gorgeous! I love the colours you have used, just a little bit different but work beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly I will apologise for being so late visiting you Sam - I am sincerely sorry and no doubt you will have a very full inbox as I intend to catch up with you and your creativity today .
    This is so sweet Sam and great to see an old technique being used again. Agatha looks so sweet flying in with her heart of love . Have a lovely Valentines with Poppy . Enjoy your chew stick lol . Big hugs Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I instantly smiled when I saw this, Sam! I love the love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Sam! Beautiful colours and I'm impressed that you can get the PVA glue trick to work...it doesn't matter what I do it never works! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear sweet Agatha steals me heart each time I see her! Lots of love went into this and it is love-ly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Sam. Like you, I love turquoise and pink together and use it quite often.
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to comment only now Sam... This heart is utterly adorable!!! (I know, I repeat myself a lot when visiting you on your blog o).
    Well, thanks for the reminder about the technique of crackle effect using PVA... I think I never had a go on this yet if I well remember! So I will certainly try this myself if I don't forget again before tee-hee.
    Big hugs to you and to Poppy, I'm sure she will be very nice and happy for your candlelit dinner ;) No risks of conflict or disagreement with her! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cutest!
    Love white embossed hearts and the colouring of the girl is absolute perfection! Really such a sweet ornament, especially with the friendly owl watching over her!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous, great image and technique! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so lovely, Agatha is so cute and the colours are lovely.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x