Wednesday, 24 February 2016

Hip to be Square!

It's Wednesday which can mean only one thing . . . a new challenge begins at the {Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog}. Our hostess this week is mega talented {Corrie} and she is asking us to use squares in our creations. 
I made a square card using just one Stampotique stamp called Unicorn's Cousin. You can find him/her {here}
I began by stamping Unicorn's Cousin using a light grey ink and then using my cutting mat as a guide I marked out the squares lightly using a pencil. After drawing the stars using a stencil I then coloured using my Derwent Watercolour pencils. I erased the pencil lines when the inks were dry which gives a lovely loose effect. I coloured Unicorn's Cousin with the same set of pencils and then went over the outline with a black pen. I just realised I've told a porky pie!! I did use another Stampotique stamp - {Tiny Handhelds}for the heart!!! The text was stamped using one of my many random alphabet stamp sets.
Thinking of Unicorns Monday 29th February is a magical day. Just twice a year Stampotique release some new stamps and here's a sneaky peek of something I made  . . .
To celebrate the Stampotique Design Team are having a blog hop. So we hope to see you Monday :) :) :) TTFN!
Wishing you a lovely day. Sam xxx
(PS Thank you so much for my birthday wishes I had a smashing day with my daughter and awesome grandson Jack :) )

11 comments:

  1. Love all the gelato coloured squares, Sam, and you can almost see Unicorn's Cousin licking his/her lips in anticipation of the pizza!
    Can't wait to see all the new stamps - only 5 more days of waiting (sigh!) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE pretty and I'll buy us both pizza! Such a fun card. And I LOVE your sneak peek! Unicorns are always in fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your gorgeous squares background and those words are so funny, especially for Unicorn's Cousin. So excited about that Unicorn and all the new releases, can't wait to see them all. Thanks for including me in your favourites for your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your 'square' inspired card! Card The loose effect of the squares and the broken colouring works a treat and Unicorn cousin sits so happily amongst them . Tell him I say he's pretty and the pizzas in the post . lol
    big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Samantha, love your sentiment, cute!!! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Sam, I love the idea of drawing your grid and then rubbing it out. Your unicorn looks beautiful, I can't wait to see the rest of him. Hope you and Poppy have a fun week xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it - sounds like a plan to me!!!!!!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally adorable Sam!!!! Even without pizza your unicorn cousin with his or her little heart is super cute among the squares!! :-) Great work with the inktense pencils BTW.
    and your sneaky peek is yummy, exciting news even if I have not much time to play with my Stampotique stamps... sometimes feeling nostalgic tee-hee.
    Big hugs to you and Poppy, have a nice day!
    Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This made me laugh out loud ! So funny. I love it !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. ROFL, I will get a stitch in my side from all this chuckling!!!! Did you actually come up with those words?!! Brilliant - oh I wish I could create art like this.
    Lovely to read you had such a nice birthday, just as you deserve :)
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x