Wednesday, 17 February 2016

Spots and Stripes . . .

. . . are such fun!


But sometimes I struggle to get them together without them clashing. So as this weeks Stampotique hostess I'm inviting you get some spots and strips together in your art any way you like!
I've made lots of cards recently so this week I'm returning to one of my most favourite things, which is postcard art.
I began by using Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed and Evergreen Bough distress inks to make the background oh with a splodge or two of  Hickory Smoke. Then the flags, dog, spotted line, squiggly arms, flower, text and hat were all stamped on white card and coloured using Prismacolour pencils. I altered the dog slightly by giving him some spots of his own. The background was finished with white stencilled on spots and stamped black circles and then everything was glued in place. 
The stamps I used are:
Blessed Skellie (for the flower)
The challenge details can be found here, I can't wait to see your spots and stripes!!
Wishing you a lovely day. Sam xxx








11 comments:

  1. Love your postcard Sam, think you have aced the spots and stripes being used together. Love the colours too, great challenge can't wait to have a go. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific challenge Sam. Absolutely ADORE your creation. This challenge was such fun. Thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you use colour in your projects and a great combination of spots, dots and stripes. I think postcards are my favourite way of using Stampotique :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a party! Love your festive color palette and, of course, France's banner is a requirement for any party! Great challenge, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sam, this is totally gorgeous, I love your use of the colours and spotty dog looks fab!!! Gay :D x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous Sam! Lovely colours and a great theme! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh oh, what a fabulous card Sam!!! Couldn't resist to pin it on my Stampotique gallery (made by others than me) tee-hee.
    Your challenge idea is very interesting. I have something ready to be posted using my Stampotique stamps (done first for Arwen's colours challenge, next for the 'trees' one since not finished at the day Arwen's challenge ended... and next I had no time to post it in time Arghh hahaha... From time to time I'm happy to join in the fun for a Stampotique challenge, like yours of course, but it doesn't fit to this boohoo. You will have to wait to see :D)))
    And of course, if I can free a bit of time to play with you, I will do it Sam.
    Hugs to you and Poppy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so love this Sam, no, I adore it. Love all the bright colours; it is such a happy card ! The black and white make a lovely contrast ! Have a great weekend !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so colourful and fabulous, I love it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! Sam and I see no struggle in making those spots and stripes wotrk together - they really do look fab and funky on this postcard . Love the colour tones of your wonderful background and all those special Sam touches that never fail to make your work shine .
    big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply fantastic!! No other words, is so colourful and fun, perfectly balanced and bla bla bla ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x