Wednesday, 30 March 2016

Happy Inside


I'm sharing something a little different today. Years ago when I first started stamping I purchased a few of these little canvasses and painted them bright colours and stamped nonsense on them! I found them a little while ago in a box and I rediscovered the little niche at the back. I really disliked how it was 'decorated' so I painted it with white gesso to take it back to the way it was. I then flipped it over and used pva glue and tissue paper to cover the whole thing and coat the niche ready for painting. I painted a tiny wooden house and added the lovely Stampotique sentiment. I feel I often overlook sentiment stamps but this one I felt was perfect for this make. I simply stamped the sentiment on some frosty shrink plastic. Shrunk it and glued in place.

I used: I feel happy inside which can be found {here}
This weeks challenge at Stampotique is hosted by {Valerie} and it's all about making old things new again. Please click {here} for all the details.
Wishing you a lovely day. Sam xxx

13 comments:

  1. Oh Sam! This is lovely! I love that little house in the little niche!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow ! Fantastic piece of work, Sam ! love it !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely delightful, Sam!! I love the large canvas and the tiny house together, and that sentiment is spot on for so many of us who miss our family members who are now scattered worldwide! Thanks for sharing your "redo" with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Sam, I love this sentiment too. Hope you and Poppy have a fun weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Sam, it's fabulous.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely wonderful Sam! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. San
    Firstly, Hello to you and Poppy :)
    Secondly, Huge apologies for taking a lifetime to visit you!!!!
    Thirdly, I am in love with this piece of art. I am a huge fan of your bright, whimsical, quirky art but as soon as I set eyes on this, it touched my heart. Cannot explain it beyond that, other than it connected with me and I love it dearly.
    I have so missed visiting you.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely Lynne, please never apologise, I'm just glad you come to me :)
      Please pm me on FB and let me know your address so I can send this to you as a gift, if you would like.
      Wishing you a lovely weekend xxx

      Delete
  8. Phew... Sorry for the late visiting on this post Sam, I've a bit of time at last to look at my friends blogs again!
    This is a wonderful transformation, it reminds me one you made some time ago I think, am I right?... Just simple and SO beautiful!!!
    Have a lovely week-end my dear, a big hug to you and Poppy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is the same one Coco, I didn't blog about it previously but shared on FB. I was perfect for this challenge because it was so ugly before I changed it to this! You have a lovely weekend too xxx

      Delete
  9. This ticks all my boxes, I adore the little houses and I love how this one looks inside the niche;the sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Different from your colourful style, still really elegant and beautiful. Happy Sunday, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! Sam. It may appear to ooze simplicity but for me it has so many hidden layers ( and I don't mean the fact that you recycled an old canvas) . Love all the contrasts that are involved- whether they were intentional or unintentional it doesnt matter they work (for me anyway.) and the perfect choice of sentiment . YOu have stole my heart with this one Sam
    big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x