Wednesday, 9 March 2016

She wore flowers in her hair

 
A new challenge begins to day Stampotique lovers. All of the details can be found {here}.
Our hostess is {Carol} and she is asking us to help celebrate Springtime by using flowers in our creations.
Well I had a lovely time with some craft lolly sticks and black gesso!
I'm super in love with a black gesso background at the moment. It just makes every thing pop right off it!
I stuck the lolly sticks together and used the horizontal stick to strengthen the vertical sticks. Texture paste was applied through a mask in the top right corner for some lovely texture and then the black gesso fun part.
I painted as you can see above and stamped the angel and flowers on white card: coloured them and glued in place adding glossy accents and glitter to finish.
The stamps I used are:
and
A pretty beaded wire hanger finished this sweet make and it's now adorning my kitchen :)
Wishing you a lovely day. Sam xxx


11 comments:

  1. Well obviously I was gong to LOVE this - pink, purple, Nina Angel - just perfect. The background using lolly sticks and black gesso is inspired and the beaded wire - perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful zingy colours that certainly contrast well with the black. Love your design Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love how the vibrant colors pop off the black gesso! Such a fun project, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Sam, you're right about the black gesso, it does make everything pop.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Sam, I love magdas stamps and the colours are just perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your project - I think I will try to do something like this for a Christmas Card! I will give you credit of course!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looooooooooooove this!!!!!
    Super cute, super adorable, and SO YOU!!! :D
    Have a lovely day Sam, big hugs to you and your assistant girl, she works so well haha :))) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely delightful, Sam, and Nina is definitely heralding the arrival of Springtime in the Northern Hemisphere! Bring it, I say!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really thought I left a comment on this piece because I love it so much. With your permission I would like to take this idea using craft sticks and doing something for Christmas. Of course I will give you credit!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another gorgeous piece of lolly stick art! I love the angel, and I love the colours against that black base Sam!
    Have a great weekend!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely fab! Sam - totally love this sweet little wall hanging - such a great idea . Loving the black background - as you say it really does make those vibrant happy colours pop . You rocked this one for sure - possibly one of my faves of yours .
    big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x