Tuesday, 15 March 2016

Smile :)

It's my turn today for the {Roc Nicholas} design team so I'd like to share this postcard I made using a few of Roc's new rubber stamps.
I started off with some white card and gave it a coat of black gesso. I then painted the central part white to enable me to keep the colours bright and pop off the black background. After painting and adding the circles through a stencil I stamped the images on white card and coloured using Prismacolour pencils and glued them in place. A white Posca pen and a little washi tape added finishing details and the text was stamped using one of my many random alphabet stamp sets.
The stamps I used are:
All of Roc's stamps can be found {here} at the Stampotique online store.
Wishing you a lovely day. Sam xxx



15 comments:

  1. I had a chuckle as soon as I read this quote, and with the bright colours of the crocodile, how could you not love him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do t know about smile, this fun piece really made me giggle. Love all the warm bright colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cracked me up! "Smile while you still have teeth!" Love the colors on this postcard. I can't wait for my new stamps to arrive! I've ordered two of the three you used on this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Sam Love the vibrant colours and the humour - I did for sure 'Smile'- Thank you !! A great way to showcase some of Rocs new stamps . big hugs lovely lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is brilliant and funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Sam ! Love it.... and it made me chuckle !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This made me smile - geniusI I wish I had Roc's new stamps. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every post just brightens my day and how could I fail to smile Sam. This is quite pertinent right now as my husband is suffering with an abscess :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant!!! Such gorgeous colour, and I love that croc! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so funny (not to mention just a bit true!) that I am still smiling! Love it, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so fun and so colourful YOU, Sam! Gorgeous and put a smile on my face :-)
    Happy weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ain't it the truth kid!!!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fun and fabulous postcard.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woooooooow!!!!!!!
    Fabulous card, so fun (made me giggle!!), so beautiful in colours and so well done in mixed media style, I adore it!!!!!
    (I think I will agree for another swap of cards soon if you want hahaha)
    Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know I am meant to be a Lady but I think I just snorted with laughter!!!!!!!
    Love this :)
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x