Wednesday, 6 April 2016

Even the moon gets tired . . .


I've always been fascinated by all things moon and stars and how they can be so far away and yet we can still see them. The other evening I was looking at the stars and I really felt like I could just reach up and pick one from the sky. 
Anyway this weeks challenge at Stampotique is hosted by lovely {Arwen} and she has chosen a nature theme for us. It was quite a challenge because animals and people are not allowed! All of the challenge details can be found {here}. Don't forget by entering you are in with a chance of winning a $30 gift voucher to spend at the Stampotique online store, so it's a great chance to add to your collection or get started, be warned though, they are addictive!
Back to my make, I really enjoyed my lolly stick creation a few weeks ago so I did it again lol, I do have rather a lot of lolly sticks to use up;)
Once the sticks were stuck in place I used a star stencil and some texture paste to add some texture. (I used the same stencil later on to add the white stars). Next I painted it with black gesso, then white gesso where the colours were going to go, this helps the colours stay true and pop off the black.
I stamped the moon on white card and coloured using Prismacolour pencils. I did mask off parts of the stamp to omit the dangley star and so I could give moon a nose. 
The sentiment was stamped on tissue paper and pva'd in place, a technique I have loved for so long because it gives you the opportunity to change the image or flip it over.
A D-ring was glued on the back for hanging and some glitter finished it off along with a few more stars.
The stamps I used are:
and {Agatha Star

I do hope you like it and I wish you a lovely day, Sam xxx






11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours and fabulous creation,love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love this one Sam <3
    Beautiful

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally fab! Samantha LOVE your night sky theme - those vibrant colours against the black are wowza!! Gonna have to get using up my lolly sticks - thanks for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Sam ! I love your lolly sticks !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too have a bit of a moon and stars obsession, it all stems from a Christmas decoration I had as a child :) I love the colour of the moon, especially against the purple, pink and blue. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful creation.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sam, Great idea to stamp and paint onto lolly sticks, brill result too, I love that snoozing moon LOL :D x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always so adorable and cheerful Sam, I have absolutely to have a try onto lolly sticks too!!! Love your moon :D Big hugs to you and your lovely assistant, I hope you're having a nice week :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colours pop against the black background and all that sparkle is so lovely. Such a great sentiment on this adorable piece of art.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x