Wednesday, 20 April 2016

Winter Is Coming


Just kidding, here in England Spring keeps trying to arrive! 

 Kristen is our hostess at the Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog and she is inviting us to make something inspired by a TV show or a movie. For me the inspiration was easy, Game Of Thrones!! I love it! I saw the first 3 seasons when it was first being shown, then I no longer had a friend to record them from Sky for me to watch, but for my birthday in February, my daughter purchased the box set for me and I've had a Game Of Thrones marathon and I'm now up to date! OMGosh! I won't give any spoilers here but, in my opinion, the best thing I've ever watched. I love the rawness and energy to the show, the fact you are truly kept on your toes and on the edge of your seat. I even like the blood and gore, only because I know it's not real. 
Back to my make, and I asked myself what house would I chose to belong to and I chose Stark, and I love the Spirit Tree at Winterfell. It's usually cold up north at Winterfell so I chose the lovely Agatha character in her onesie. Because it's Game Of Thrones there are a few disembodied heads lol!
I started off with a piece of cardboard and peeled away some of the thin layer to reveal the lumpy stuff underneath. I added some texture paste through a stencil to add some more texture and dimension, then I painted the whole thing black, then white, and because it's so cold and grey in Winterfell I then painted with a neutral colour. The tree and leaves were die cut, coloured and glued in place. Agatha was stamped, coloured with Prismacolour pencils and glued in place.

I do hope you like it, all the challenge details can be found right{here}

The stamps I used are:

Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx






10 comments:

  1. I've never seen the show, but I LOVE your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a game of thrones fan too and this piece certainly does it justice - I love it Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous creation, I love everything about this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that tree and who could resist Agatha in her onesie. I haven't yet seen Game of Thrones but it's on my list! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic art Sam! Love GOT too, excited to see the new series :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is brilliant Sam, I love G O T too and can't wait for it to come back. I think poor old Agatha would need more that a onesie up at Winterfell 'cos Winter IS coming....
    Love to you and Poppy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great one, Sam!
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! Sam and great choice of inspiration . Hope you have a lovely weekend hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It certainly felt like winter was coming when me and the dogs went for our early morning walk today. A great piece, I'm glad Agatha is keeping warm in her onesie.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sam, I'm holding my hands up and declaring I've never seen it!!! Don't disown me LOL. I do know, roughly what it is about and when I saw your art, it made me think of the show even before I read your text. So that proofs how you managed to capture the show in your art. Love that stamp, she is adorable in her onesie!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x