Wednesday, 25 May 2016

Anything but black . . .


I'm chuffed to bits this week to be hosting the challenge for Stampotique!
As much as I love variety in what I do I'm also very much a creature of habit. The first thing I do after choosing which stamp to play with is to reach for my black ink pad. So your mission for this week, should you choose to accept, is to use anything but black on your creations.
I found the next best thing was brown, but I kept finding myself reaching for the black and reminding myself what I was doing lol. I admit to liking the softness of my postcard, the lack of black gives it a dreamy feeling.
I began with a white piece of card, added some texture paste through a stencil and painted it brown, then some white gesso on the central area where the yellow and coral are. I then stamped some details  directly on the background and the text and unicorn were stamped on white card. I used my Prismacolour pencils for the unicorn, and what's a unicorn without a little sparkle?
The stamps I used are:

All of the challenge details can be found right here. I can't wait to see what you make!

Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx


10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Sam, what a hard challenge though lol. Hope you and Poppy have a fab week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Sam! No black gives it a nice softness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is so sweet and that sentiment warms my heart and kind of makes me chuckle at the same time. Love the look with soft outlines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blend of colours Sam and how magnificent stamping and layering can look without black. Great job xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! You've chosen all of my favourite colours and I just love magda's unicorn. It's a great idea for a challenge, although a tricky one! Love it xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I can't remember if I already left you a comment on this supercute postcard yesterday or not haha... ^_^
    So better two times than none I think! Ridicule never killed anyone... LOL.
    So again maybe, I love your idea of 'no black' (but it's really a big challenge!) and your creation here is so lovely!!! :) Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! Love the quote! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous project, the colours are magical. Super fun challenge Sam - can't wait to get going! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab project love the colour combination, no black is going to be hard though. Thanks for the challenge I'll try my best. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your made me lol Sam as I too am never far from my black, be it ink pad, paints, pen - I blame it on my inner goth but when I think of your work I always think of it being colourful , bright and happy so it surprises me that you have a kinship with black too .
    Great to see you hosting and you overcame the challenge admirably- your postcard is lovely and your imagery and words bring a smile justr as they usually do .
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x