Wednesday, 18 May 2016

Growing round in circles


It's a fabby challenge theme this week at Stampotique, our hostess Kristen is inviting us to use circles on our creations. 
Poppy and I are very lucky to have beautiful English countryside right on our doorstep, we live near a historic riverside town in a vale, so we are surrounded by lots and lots of hills and trees. 
As a child I was fascinated by the circles of trees, not a huge fan of cutting them down but counting the circles of growth to find out how old a tree was. I remember counting up to 141 on a trunk once!
The stamps I used for this card are:
I began by stamping the tree and cutting it our, a little fiddly but so worth it. then I simply hand drew and coloured the circles and stamped the sentiment. A quick and easy card :)
This weeks challenge details can be found here
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

7 comments:

  1. Love the circles surrounding the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Sam, so happy, and the sentiment is perfect! Have a fun week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your circles tree Sam! Great card! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you know that where I live, the council has made a ridiculous decision to fell an awful lot of trees on the grounds of health and safety. It's such a shame and very sad. Your beautiful card seems a fitting tribute to the ones that have gone. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card, so cheerful with these lovely multicolored circles!!!
    Love this tree too, as you know, well worth the cutting part ;-)
    Have a wonderful Sunday dear Sam, I hope the weather will be sunny for a lovely walk with Poppy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this Beauty! Sam CAS at its best . ( sign of a true artist too if you can draw a true circle freehand - so 'they'( whoever 'they' are?) say)
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of the circles behind the tree, bringing a memory of when you were a child. It also looks like a fabulous sun rising or setting behind the tree.
    BTW, that fussy cutting - definitely worth it :)
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x