Wednesday, 29 June 2016

Black and White


It's Wednesday again already, which means a new challenge begins on the Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog, our hostess is lovely Nellie and she is asking us to make something which is black and white.
Personally I find black and white a struggle and I find it hard to resist adding a splash of colour! In the end after lots of things got thrown in the bin I ended up getting a piece of wood and some wire. I pierced holes in the wood using an awl and threaded the wire through, completely forgetting to thread some beads on to the wire, doh!
I then connected lengths of wire to create the bird cage. To keep it black and white I painted the wood with some black gesso, for a little detail I doodled on it using a white Sharpie pen. 
All of the images were stamped on white card and cut out and glued in place. I couldn't resist adding a little sparkle so used some Stickles on the blooms.
The stamps I used are:
All of the challenge details can be found right here!

Here's what happens when I add that splash of colour :)


Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx





8 comments:

  1. I love your Wall Hanging, it's perfect for this weeks challenge. ( The addition of the red splats on your other project makes the black and white pop wonderfully). x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both pieces look amazing Sam! I struggle with straight black and white too! You did great! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your wall hanging Sam, great construction and the splashes of red on your fabulous card are just perfect xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fabulous pieces Sam - love the quote on the second one.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous wall hanging, that crow looks soooo cheeky! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are wonderful! Sam. Love how delicate the frame is and its 'openess'.
    The pops of red on your card really catch the eye .
    big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are brilliant but Sam, how I love that bird! This is stunning - love the expression on the face of that bird and the whole idea of it is just beyond brilliant. I've so missed my visits to you and Poppy.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x