Friday, 15 July 2016

Viking Girl


It's my turn today for the Roc Nicholas design team, I had great fun making this postcard.
I am probably the least romantic person in the world but I do like an occasional romantic quote I spot on the interweb, when I spotted this I had no way to trace it back to it's origins so I can't give credits, but I just love it and I thought it goes so well with Roc Nicholas Viking girl stamp. 
All of Roc's stamps can be found at the Stampotique online store right here
I began by applying some modelling paste through a stencil for the stars and painting black, then the neutral colour. White stars were added through the same stencil, the text was hand written and Viking girl was stamped on white card, coloured with watercolour pencils and glued in place. I used some crackle glaze on her sheild to make it look weathered and a little glitter is becoming compulsory in all that I do lol.
Thank you for visiting my little blog today.
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

9 comments:

  1. A perfect match of image and sentiment Sam and I love the design xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous quote, I love your postcard Sam :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right! This quote is perfect for Viking Girl! I love this sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how she stands out against the background ! Fabulous !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm loving this samantha!! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely textures, and what a fab image! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is a brilliant sentiment!
    Viking Girl is adorable although she doesn't look much like a warrior, maybe a gentle warrior! I like the touch of shimmer between the stars.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. That quote is just perfect and I love the starry background.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! Sam Love the drama of the black features in contrast to the brighter tones of Viking girl .
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x