Monday, 15 August 2016

Run away with me . . .


It's my turn today for the Roc Nicholas design team and it's my first time playing with Roc's elephant stamp, whom I shall name Bob. After colouring Bob with Prismacolour pencils I thought that maybe he looked like he was ready to run away from the circus, so he snuck back in the big top and grabbed a balloon and is ready to go.
I started this postcard with a piece of plain white card, cut out a cloud and punched a star from that and glued them in place then I painted the background, stamped the details, a little washi tape and job done. The stamps I used are:
Rocs wonderful Ellie
and other Stampotique stamps:
Upward Bound (for the balloon)

All of Rocs great designs can be found right here and if you would like to see some of Rocs art her fab blog is here.

Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

11 comments:

  1. I dunno, Sam...I think it might take more than one balloon to get Bob off the ground! This postcard is so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, I LOVE Bob! Even with his bright colour, he looks a little sad, so I hope he enjoys life away from the circus! Did I mention, I LOVE this postcard?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Bob in green, makes him look very dapper !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable little heffalump! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is brilliant Sam, I love Bob and I wonder if he might be eloping with Nellie the elephant.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab postcard, Sam! I love the colors that you gave Bob, and the balloon is going to cheer him up on his way to life outside the circus! What a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Sam, Bob is very cute in green lol!
    Big hugs to Poppy (hope you don't try to paint her like this haha!!!) and you too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the zesty green and stripy trunk. There has been an invasion of elephants in Sheffield this summer and Bob wold fit right in! http://www.herdofsheffield.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome!! Love the stripy trunk!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your elephant Sam, but I'm afraid Bob to me will always be Blackadder's driver lol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now thats one funky efalump . He's looking mghty fight in his black and white hat and 'trunk sock' . Wonderful
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x