Thursday, 4 August 2016

Under The Sea


A new challenge begins at Stampotique this week and the challenge is to use text in your background, so I went a little bonkers and covered the whole background of my card with ripped up book pages. (Before you think, 'omg she rips up books!!!???', it is a book I loaned out and it was returned to be after being involved with a coffee spill, so now it's being recycled :) )
I then made a square slightly smaller, stamped as shown and cut out the details.


Then it was all about the colouring. I used a mixture of watercolours and Prismacolour pencils and for finishing touches there is some glitter and glossy accents.


The stamps I used are:

All of the current challenge details can be found HERE don't forget, just by having a go, you could win $30/£22 to spend at the Stampotique online store!

Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx





10 comments:

  1. I just love the new Sonia stamps and your project showcases mermaid Sonia perfectly. How you have used the hearts is pure genius. I love her in full colour, but looks great in monochrome too. Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun underwater card Sam, lovely colouring xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that sweet mermaid and fishie!Such a fin (hee hee) piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your colourful and fun card Sam, it's coloured beautifully.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The square is a great idea, and your fish and mermaid are so cute!!! :)
    I love the scene you have created Sam, adorable :D
    I hope you have had a lovely week-end, mine very busy... you will see soon me think, teehee. Hugs to Poppy and you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the care and attention you showed cutting it all out Sam and of course the upside down hearts :D Inspirational :D :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so lovely, Sam! So strange seeing it in black and white, so darn different!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Sam, I love how you can see the text in the background, and the glossy seaweed is fabulous. Have a fab week xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! Sam Love how you have cut away the card inner to reveal the sea.- very clever ! Perfect choice of stamps too to help set the scene.
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x