Wednesday, 7 September 2016

Oh Christmas Tree

It's now the second week of the mail art challenge at Stampotqiue, this week I've opted for my ever favourite postcard!


I started with a piece of plain white card measuring 4 inches by 6 inches and I applied some texture paste through a stencil in the top left corner. I then painted the whole piece using black gesso, followed by white paint in the central part. I stamped the tree and coloured using Derwent watercolour pencils, they give this tree a really lovely, dreamy feel. 
To add finishing touches I added some glitter and glossy accents for shiny baubles, you've got to have shiny baubles right? :)


The stamps I used are:
Oh Christmas Tree and Design Cube for the stars.
All of the challenge details can be found right here


6 comments:

  1. Nooooooooooooo! I DO NOT want to think about Christmas yet!
    Your card is stunning, Sam! Love the shiny baubles on the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing how this came together Sam, the colours over the black and white background are fabulous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous Sam! I love your sparkly tree and that corner flourish!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super happy to see you using the new tree and it looks great against your lovely background. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful postcard, I love the tree.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous postcard, loving this one too!!!
    Your Christmas tree pops out from the black and white background so well, what a great idea, this is more than beautiful Sam, like a painting!
    Hugs again xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x