Thursday, 6 October 2016

Little boat upon the sea

It's the second week of the 'Favourite Quote' challenge theme at Stampotique and I simply couldn't resist this little boat to go along with one of my favourite quotes from Kahlil Gibran.


So where is the quote?? These little box canvases are perfect for taking your design around and above:


To achieve a neat finish for my handwriting on such a rough surface, I wrote the quote on white tissue paper with a waterproof pen and then using plenty of PVA glue I stuck it in place, the tissue paper becomes invisible when the glue is dry.


I used lots of pastel coloured paints and Prismacolour pencils for colouring
and of course there is some glitter!!


The stamps I used are:
and Agatha Star (for the star)

Don't forget just by entering the challenge you are in with a chance of winning $30 - £23 approx to spend at the Stampotique online store. All of the details are right here.

Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx





10 comments:

  1. Lovely ! Such a great little canvas ! Have a lovely weekend !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I love your little rainbow boat Sam! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable, Sam! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is utterly delightful Sam, I love the colours and serene scene and that quote is so lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A brilliant canvas Sam - love that you've put the quote on the side.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Sam, I've not heard this quote before, but I love it. Hope you and Poppy have a lovely week xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous ♥ Loving the rainbow boat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful in so many ways. So special to have included some Kahlil Gibran.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love to bits! That quote on the side, and the sky, genius!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love to bits too this new box canvas Sam, how beautiful...
    I've just found the translation of this great quote in French. I didn't know it, and it is a great one, Thank you!
    Big hugs to Poppy and you my lovely xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x